As we come into that time of year when we are sending out Christmas cards, we think about doing those personal cards with a picture of your whole family. What lots of people don’t know is what to wear for photo shoots. So here are some guidelines:
1. Coordinate. I’m talking similar patterns, colors, etc. You wouldn’t want someone wearing red plaid stand next to someone with a pink striped shirt. Eyes would burn. Seriously.
2. Don’t Go Matchy-Matchy. Seriously, that’s just tacky. You don’t want to end up as that family.
3. Choose Colors Wisely. Choose colors that compliment each other. This is a good starting place. Sometimes it’s easy to start with a staple color or piece of clothing such as blue jeans. Also, choose colors that don’t wash out such as a bright yellow or white in harsh daytime.
4. Personalize. I know this is the most cliche thing to say but, be yourself. Add your own little bit of flair such as a necklace or a pair of shoes.
5. Be Reasonable. In other words, dress for the weather and occasion. Don’t wear a mini skirt in 30 degree weather. And heaven forbid, wearing mini skirts with Ugg boots. I promise, I will just leave if anyone does that to me. And I will probably take your money with me. You have been warned. Just don’t do it.
6. Be comfortable. You have to be comfortable in your own skin. Uncomfortableness translates on camera. You can tell if someone is uncomfortable. And wear things that make you look good.
Those are my six guidelines. It seems a lot but this is a much better list and more detail. Happy Photos!