I decided to get a little personal on this post. Everyone has goals for themselves in life. I have goals for myself in photography. Now, if I ever get to reach these goals, we will see. But these are my top 10 goals (and places to shoot) for photography.
10. Star Trailing– Star Trailing looks really really cool. It’s a long exposure photography that requires you to keep your shutter open for a very long time in order to get the stars moving. The result is a pattern of lines that are the trails of the stars.
9. Cape Cod- Confession: I’ve never been north of Washington DC but I have seen pictures of Cape Cod and it looks like the ideal small town, fishing, cozy town that would make for some really great and unique pictures. If all else fails, I can always just go there for the lobster.
8. Northern Lights (or Southern)– To me, this would just be cool to see and very fun to photograph. There’s something about lights that is attractive to me. I guess I’m part moth, I don’t know.
7. Underwater- Specifically at the Great Barrier Reef. Who hasn’t wanted to take underwater photos since Finding Nemo came out? Of course, it is very expensive and I’m not exactly the best swimmer. But, hey, I’ll take a challenge. And if I can meet a fish that can recite “P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney” well then, that challenge would be worth it.
6. New Zealand- I will be the first to tell you how much of a nerd I am. Fact is: I love Lord of the Rings and Narnia. And I loved the use of New Zealand for the movies. The land is so unique and beautiful that I would probably just have a heart attack looking at a brochure.
5. African Savannah- 2 Words: Lion King. It’s so vast, and unique I think I would go through dozens of camera cards. That, and I bet it’s hard to get a cheetah on camera.
4. Santorini, Greece- The town is on the side of a volcano. If that’s not dramatic then I don’t know what is.
3. Behind the Scenes- My other passion is television and movies so to be able to combine my two passions together would be one of the greatest things ever.
2. Outer Banks Advertising- The Outer Banks is my second home so to just go all around and take photos for advertising or a travel agency for the Outer Banks would pretty much be heaven.
1. Wimbledon– I absolutely love tennis. And Wimbledon is the most prestigious Grand Slam of all the tennis championships. You win this, you pretty much are the best tennis player ever, just ask Roger Federer. So to be surrounded by my favorite athletes and watching something that I love while doing something that I love would make my life complete. And maybe I could watch history happen as Andy Murray becomes the first British man to win Wimbledon (which is British) since 1936. That would be a-mah-zing.